Thursday 21 February 2013

Logo

Before creating a logo, I figured what my company is going to be about and created a tag cloud with main keywords.
Out of 3 names for my company (AKucherenko Studio, I'm with you, Map), I chose Map.

Looking at the dictionary for the word Map has also helped me in developing ideas for both company and the logo.



MAP – [mæp]
n.
1. A representation, usually on a plane surface, of a region of the earth or heavens.
2. Something that suggests such a representation, as in clarity of representation.
3. A maplike drawing of anything.
v.
To plan or delineate, especially in detail; arrange.

Coming from an idea that my company will design physical items like games, cards, gifts, etc, I will need to apply logo in the environment of packaging and goods.

Step 1. 
IDEAS FOR LOGO
 

 So I thought it would be nice if the logo was playful, probably colourful, featuring the word Map, showing the map or a landscape, and a pencil/pen.

Another variant is the word Map drawn with soft cornered triangles, but after making it I realised it is not really readable.

Another variant of the logo I created is a linear cityscape featuring the word Map together with buildings. Doodle style and bold lines:
 The line can be as wide as it is necessary for the design:
The variants how it can be implemented on cards:




No comments:

Post a Comment